The Best Way To Learn Spanish Is To Acquire It
Stephen Krashen, the prominent linguist has stated:
The best methods are therefore those that supply ‘comprehensible input’ in low anxiety situations, containing messages that students really want to hear. We acquire language when we understand what people tell us and what we read, when we get “comprehensible input.” As we get comprehensible input through listening and reading, we acquire (or “absorb”) the grammar and vocabulary of the second language.
Pars Omni Spanish Voices is a unique software program that is designed to give you ‘comprehensible input’ in the form of over 100 unscripted, unrehearsed conversations and stories – all with native Spanish speakers. The conversations help you understand what language sounds like outside of a classroom and away from the textbook. The native Spanish-speakers come from all walks of life and a variety of educational levels and ages. When you download the program, you have access to:
- 8 free sample conversations that let you try out Spanish Voices right away
- Once you create an account you can download dozens more conversations on a wide variety of subjects, with thousands more vocabulary words
- The ability to listen and to learn at your own pace
- The complete text (transcription) for each audio recording
- The synchronization of audio with the text (you get a visual cue in the text as each word is spoken)
- The option for automatic and simultaneous translation, ‘translation on demand’, and more ‘translation styles’
- A built-in Spanish-English dictionary
- A vocabulary page where you can view a list of all the words you have looked up in the dictionary
- A tool to help you practice speaking and pronunciation
- Export the audio to a CD or other device
- And much more!