The Way to Learn Spanish is
to Aim for Fluency
Start here for an overview of our services and prices
Start here for a valuable lesson (15 m)
to understand the easiest and
most practical path to
Part 1: This lesson will help you reach fluency - whether you take advantage of our programs or not
Video version (4 m 15s)
Text version (4m 5s)
Part 2: Why setting your long-term goal to 'fluency' is so helpful
Video version (3m 15s)
Text version (3m 5s )
Part 3: The 3 Skills of Fluency
Video version (2m 40s)
Text version (2m 20s )
Part 4: The 3 Phases of Becoming Fluent
Video version (4m 10s)
Text version (4m 20s )
Part 5: A New Kind of Practice and a New Type of Study
Video version (2m 10s)
Text version (1m 45s)
The 3 Phases of Fluency are your key to
understanding our services
The ideal path to fluency in Spanish progresses through three phases. Each phase requires a different focus, a different strategy and different practices. It's not the only way to become fluent, but it is the easiest, most enjoyable way, and the one that will feel most like 'your own hobby'.
Goals of the Establishment Phase
1. To train beginners or near-beginners' to be able to converse in Spanish at a Basic Level.
2. To achieve enough knowledge and skill at speaking and understanding Spanish that you can easily begin learning on your own - given the opportunity.
3. To provide a solid base of 'correctness' that will help you in the subsequent phases.
We highly recommend a class with a trained instructor for this phase.
Here's what you can do at the Basic Level:
Goals of the
1. To help those at the Basic Level acquire the knowledge and skill to understand native Spanish speakers in any situation.
2. To improve your ability to pronounce Spanish and speak it fluidly and rapidly.
Overall, the Growth Phase prepares you for Practical Fluency.
This is the longest phase.
It can be accomplished with others or on your own, at home.
Here's what you can do when you reach Practical Fluency:
Goals of the
To improve your ability to converse with Spanish speakers rapidly and fluidly - without hesitation and without 'being left behind'.
In this phase you will perfect your 'correctness' in speaking.
During this phase you practice by having real (as opposed to practice or drill) conversations with Spanish speakers.
This phase will be easy if you already understand Spanish speakers very well (see the Growth Phase).
Here's what you can do when you master the skill of conversing:
Establishment Phase Services
- For beginners
- 72 Class hours: 24 3-hour sessions delivered over 3 to 8 weeks (depending on schedule)
- Students reach the Basic level: 1500 to 2000 word vocabulary, can converse in 6 verb tenses in present,
past and future
- The focus of the course is to help you develop a strong conversational base where you can begin learning
easily on your own
Are there Alternatives to the Foundation Course?
Here are some alternatives if you are a beginner or if you've studied Spanish before:
Growth Phase Services
Spanish Membership Program
- For those who have reached at least the Basic Level but are not yet Functionally Fluent
- You schedule your time and location at your convenience
- Delivered as an ongoing quarterly subscription
- Requires a computer and a subscription to one or more providers of Spanish-language films and series (Netflix, Amazon Prime,
- Includes Online forum, newsletter and 7 programs to help you practice speaking and listening (understanding) skills - and more
- All practice is enjoyable and easy - like a hobby), never tedious, tiring or frustrating.
- $215 Startup Fee, $25 / quarter subscription, cancellable at any time
Conversing Phase Services
Pars Omni does not provide Conversing Phase services, except on an ad-hoc basis.
Our focus is on preparing you for fluency, which is what we do through the Establishment and Growth Phase services.
The Foundation Course provides you with lots of conversing practice. Conversing practice is fine during the Growth Phase (you must arrange it on your own), as long as Growth Phase activities are not neglected.
But Conversing practice can only proceed easily and rapidly when you are near the end of the Growth Phase and you can easily understand native Spanish speakers well.
Want more information on Conversing Practice?
Answer this short (2m) questionnaire to
get information pertaining to your situation